[Insight-users] RegionGrowingSegmentation app crashes on large 3D images

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Fri Mar 23 04:21:05 EDT 2012

Dear Lee,
if you are really facing a memory issue one of the alternatives would be to
downsample the input image.

The itk::ResmapleImageFilter will help you in this task.

But before opting for this, you may want to go step by step and try to
catch any exceptions you get.

There may well be other options.

On the other hand, converting images to .vtk is not a required step for
image processing purposes; you should be able to complete the entire image
processing process within ITK. VTK is a useful and powerful tool used
mainly for visualization purposes.

Kind regards,
JON HAITZ