[Insight-users] Problems about compile simpleitk on windows!

张宁 zhangning1978 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:36:53 EDT 2012

In order to get a simpleitk binary for python2.5 on windows, I tried to
compile simpleitk with visual studio 2008 following the instruction in the
GettingStarted. I used cmake2.8.6 to configure the simpleitk sourcecode and
set the source directory to d:\simpleitk-0.4.0\SuperBuild, the binary
directory to d:\simpleitk-0.4.0-Binary. Cmake succeed to configure the
sourcecode and generated the .sln project files. When I build them in
visual studio, it begin to download the SWIG and ITK. After that, the
compiler complain that the ITK_DIR didn't set. It seem that there are no
files in the ITK directory. Please give me some advice about how to build
simpleitk on windows.
The GettingStarted said that superbuild will automatically download the
matching version of ITK needed to compile simpleitk.   Did the downloaded
ITK been compiled? If the downloaded ITK also should been compiled, what is
the configuration to compile the ITK? Can I change the configuration?