[Insight-users] Problems about compile simpleitk on windows!

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Sat Mar 24 16:50:52 EDT 2012

Hello,

Python 2.5 is not supported by simpleITK, just currently 2.6 and 2.7, and we are looking forwards to 3 versions. It appears that we don't have the prerequisites clearly stated that are needed to build SimpleITK, and the different language options. I'll add it to my todo list to update that on the wiki.

Also we have run into some limitations with visual studio 2008 with the size of the static libraries. So please use the Visual Studio 2010 versions, the Express version is freely available.

However, neither of these problems where what was encountered below. What version of SimpleITK are you trying to build? v0.4.0b? master? To be able to diagnose the problem I'd need to see the log of what occurred at build time.

The super build should automatically download and compile ITK, and it will configure ITK for how it is needed for SimpleITK. While you can customize the ITK configuration after the superbuild process, then recompile SimpleITK, it would be better to not use the superbuild and build ITK as needed and then simpleITK.

Good luck,
Brad