[Insight-users] Patch to upgrade Vessel Enhancing Diffusion Filter to ITK v4.x

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Mar 27 10:30:31 EDT 2012

Hello Ramon,

Thanks for taking the time to past the patch for this filter.

Just a quick comment: It looks like you added a new needed preprocessor definition. Why not just use the "ITK_VERSION_MAJOR" definition for itkVersoin.h? Something like the following:

#if ITK_VERSION_MAJOR < 4
// Do old ITKv3 stuff
#else
// Do new ITKv4 stuff
#endif

Thanks,
Brad

On Mar 27, 2012, at 10:20 AM, Ramón Casero Cañas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please find attached a patch to enable compilation of
> itkAnisotropicDiffusionVesselEnhancementImageFilter.h (published in The
> Insight Journal)
>
> http://hdl.handle.net/1926/558
>
> in ITK v4.x. As far as I can see, this filter is not part of ITK, so it
> hasn't been upgraded.
>
> If the compiler passes the preprocessor macro ITK3, then the code for
> ITK v3.x gets compiled. Otherwise, the code is compiled for ITK v4.x.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ramon.
>
> --
> Dr. Ramón Casero Cañas