[Insight-users] Normalized Mutual Information

MRUIZ maiteruizyaniz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:25:36 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am using the MutualInformationImageToImageFilter.cxx source code of the
examples to calculate the mutual information of two images. This program
calculates two different mutual information parameters. Could anyone tell me
what does Normalized Mutual Information 1 refers to? I know the definition
of mutual information as the ratio between the sum of entropynform of the
images and the joint entropy.
But this program gives me two Normalized Mutual information parameters...

Thanks in advance!

Maite