[Insight-users] Intensity image with one more element per pixel

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu May 10 06:19:33 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Hila Hiler <hilahiler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an intensity image and would like to have for each pixel in this
> image another element which will indicate about data that I would like to
> know in the next time that I'll use in this picture. That element should be
> a Boolean and indicate for me whether or not there is a pixel of another
> image in this location (in fact it's to minimize the number of images that
> are inserted into one image in order to simplify the user's interaction with
> my software).
>
> for example:
> image consists of pixels
> for each pixel insert a Boolean variable that will store 0/1 due to my
> input.
>
> with arrays there is tuple/component option. is there a similar method in
> itk or other idea?
>
> Best,
> Hila

You could use an itk::VectorImage or itk::Image<itk::CovariantVector> :
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/VectorImages/VectorImage

Just use 0 in a second channel for boolean false and anything but zero
(e.g. 1) for boolean true (even though this channel will be the same
type as the actual data channel).

David