[Insight-users] Can't compile toolkit

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri May 11 06:57:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Jason Sweet <iexpress at live.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I'm having difficulty compiling the ITK toolkit, its crashing saying files
> are missing.
> Can you release win32 .exe's in addition to c++ source code?
>
>  I'm a visual basic programmer, and don't know anything about c++.
> Regular executable binaries would be helpful, thanks
>
> Jason

ITK is a C++ library, not an application. There is no "binary", so it
cannot be released :). I do agree, however, that system-specific
builds of the library should be produced so that users don't have to
build them from source.

Can you elaborate on "files are missing"? Some of the process is defined here:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Configuring_and_Building#Configuration_with_the_cmake-gui_executable

but even though the page is called "configuring and building", it only
seems to contain information about configuring. Once you configure
and generate a project for your IDE (VS2010 for example), you then
have to open the project using the IDE and actually build the library.

Good luck,

David