[Insight-users] Installation of Simple ITK in Mac OS 10.7.3

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 17 07:48:14 EDT 2012

Hello,

What python version on you using on the mac? Have you installed a third-party python? The binary distribution is designed for the OSX system python, not a third party.

To install a downloaded egg is should just be a matter of running "sudo easy_install SimpleITK-0.4.0.macosx-10.7-intel-py2.7.egg".

http://packages.python.org/distribute/easy_install.html#installing-easy-install

It would also be good to know the output of the following command:

python -c 'import distutils; print distutils.util.get_platform()'

Brad

On May 16, 2012, at 9:51 PM, Ing. Arturo Vargas Olivares wrote:

> Hi to all!
>
> I'm trying to install the latest version of simple ITK in my MacBook (Mac OS 10.7.3). I couldn't do it automatically (see messages below in green) so I downloaded the SimpleITK-0.4.0.macosx-10.7-intel-py2.7.egg file.
>
> How do I install it?
>
> All your comments are welcome.
>
> Arturo V.
>

> $ sudo easy_install SimpleITK
> Password:
> Searching for SimpleITK
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/SimpleITK/
> Reading http://simpleitk.org/
> Reading http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/PyDownload.html
> No local packages or download links found for SimpleITK
> error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('SimpleITK')
> $

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine