[Insight-users] generating a vector Image

Hila Hiler hilahiler at gmail.com
Fri May 18 05:46:32 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a vector image with the same dimensions and region
as another image that I have.
a RT error about itkSmartPoint/ memory failure are stopping me from get
this vector image

Here is my code, I really lost of ideas why it's happening here.

Thanks in advance.

my code:

typedef double pixelType;
typedef    itk::Image    < pixelType, myDimension >  ImageType;

//vector Type
typedef itk::VectorImage < pixelType, myDimension >  vectorImageType;

vectorImageType::Pointer vectorImage = vectorImageType::New();
ImageType::Pointer myItkImg;

//...some manipulation on myItkImg (initializing and assigning data))

1) first try is:

    itk::CastImageFilter<ImageType,vectorImageType>::Pointer caster =
itk::CastImageFilter<ImageType,vectorImageType>::New();

    //cast to vector img
    caster->SetInput(myItkImg);
    caster->Update();
    vectorImage = caster->GetOutput();
    vectorImage->SetVectorLength(vectorLength);
    vectorImage->Allocate(); *//here the RT occurs*

*/*RT stop at this itk's internal code:*
  void UnRegister()
    {
    if(m_Pointer) { m_Pointer->UnRegister(); }
    }
*/

2) second try:

    vectorImageType::SizeType size;

    size[0]=myItkImg->GetDimension(0);
    size[1]=myItkImg->GetDimension(1);
    size[2]=myItkImg->GetDimension(2);

    ImageType::SpacingType img_spacing= myItkImg->GetSpacing();
    vectorImageType::SpacingType vec_spacing;

    vec_spacing[0]= img_spacing[0];
    vec_spacing[1]= img_spacing[1];
    vec_spacing[2]= img_spacing[2];

    vectorImageType::IndexType start;
    start.Fill(0);

    vectorImageType::RegionType region(start,size);
    vectorImage->SetSpacing(vec_spacing);
    vectorImage->SetRegions(region);
    vectorImage->SetVectorLength(vectorLength);
    vectorImage->Allocate(); *//here the RT occurs*
/*
*RT stop at this itk's internal code:*
  itkDebugMacro (<< "Setting imageIO IORegion to: " << m_ActualIORegion );
  m_ImageIO->SetIORegion( m_ActualIORegion );
*/