[Insight-users] Region of interest image filter

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:35:17 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Pietro Nardelli
<pie.nardelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to apply the Region of Interest Image Filter to a DICOM
> dataset and I'm following the example on the ITK's Guide. I have a
> problem though: since I want to select a volume of interest, how has
> the third dimension to be chosen?My plan is to allow the user to
> select the dimensions.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Pietro

The RegionOfInterestImageFilter lets you specify a region:

  filter->SetRegionOfInterest(desiredRegion);

You just have to construct that region to define a 3D region:

  // The corner of the region
  itk::Index<3> start;
  start[0] = ...;
  start[1] = ...;
  start[2] = ...;

  // The size of the region
  itk::Size<3> size;
  size[0] = ...;
  size[1] = ...;
  size[2] = ...;

  itk::ImageRegion<3> desiredRegion(start,size);

Did I understand your question correctly?

David