[Insight-users] itk::SimplexMesh and flipped Normals

Alexandre GOUAILLARD agouaillard at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:24:29 EDT 2012

dear sebastian,

did you explicitly force consistency of the normal in vtk using
vtkPolyDataNormals::AutoOrientNormalsOn?
if yes, can you check using an itk:QuadEdgeMesh instead of a mesh.
This class will enforce consistent orientation for 2-manifolds. If you
try to pass it a non oriented surface, it will drop the non
consistently oriented cells, and you should be able to see "holes" in
your mesh then.

if both are used and you still have your problem, send me the mesh and
I ll take a look at it.

regards,

alex