[Insight-users] Q about header file of data download from Liver challenge 2007

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 23 21:13:49 EDT 2012

Hi ekyaya,

Line 199   of  itkImageBase.hxx

            says that your suspicions are well-founded:

    this->m_IndexToPhysicalPoint = this->m_Direction * scale;

as well as lines 94-99 in the itkImageTransformHelper.h

94   inline static void TransformIndexToPhysicalPointCol(
95     const MatrixType & matrix,
96     const IndexType & index, DoublePoint & point,
97     const UniqueTypeBoolFalse &)
98   {
99     point[R] = point[R] + matrix[R][C] * index[C];

The matrix in the MetaImage headers shouldn't have
combined the spacing with the direction cosines. This
composition is done for you in line 99 of the ImageBase
class.

You may want to contact the organizers of the
challenge and ask for clarification.

   BTW, Is this Challenge data available to the public ?