[Insight-users] Q about header file of data download from Liver challenge 2007

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Thu May 24 03:36:48 EDT 2012

Luis,
about your question regarding the public availability of the data:

SLiver07 challenge data is free to download once you have registered your
team  and signed a document that states that you cannot share or show the
data to anyone outside of your team. (http://www.sliver07.org/rules.php)

This agreement has been used in some other MICCAI challenges as well.

regards

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi ekyaya,
>

> Line 199   of  itkImageBase.hxx
>
>             says that your suspicions are well-founded:
>
>     this->m_IndexToPhysicalPoint = this->m_Direction * scale;
>
> as well as lines 94-99 in the itkImageTransformHelper.h
>
> 94   inline static void TransformIndexToPhysicalPointCol(
> 95     const MatrixType & matrix,
> 96     const IndexType & index, DoublePoint & point,
> 97     const UniqueTypeBoolFalse &)
> 98   {
> 99     point[R] = point[R] + matrix[R][C] * index[C];
>

> The matrix in the MetaImage headers shouldn't have
> combined the spacing with the direction cosines. This
> composition is done for you in line 99 of the ImageBase
> class.
>
> You may want to contact the organizers of the
> challenge and ask for clarification.
>

>    BTW, Is this Challenge data available to the public ?
>

>      Thanks
>

>            Luis
>

> -------------------------
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:14 PM, erkang <ekyaya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone:
>>
>> I play with the meta data downloaded from Liver challenge 2007. However, I
>> confused with the "TransformMatrix" item in the header file.
>>
>> One example of the header file is as following:
>>
>> ObjectType = Image
>> NDims = 3
>> BinaryData = True
>> BinaryDataByteOrderMSB = False
>> TransformMatrix = 0.74219 0 0 0 0.74219 0 0 0 1.5
>> Offset = 0 0 0
>> CenterOfRotation = 0 0 0
>> ElementSpacing = 0.74219 0.74219 1.5
>> DimSize = 512 512 183
>> AnatomicalOrientation = ???
>> ElementSize = 0.58594 0.58594 1
>> ElementType = MET_SHORT
>> ElementDataFile = liver-orig001.raw
>>
>> I doubt that the header files of these data are not correct. I check the
>> metaIO in ITK. ITK does first read the direction (TransformMatrix ) and
>> then
>> multiplied by spacing. I test it in ImageFileReader and transform of the
>> loaded image is 0.74219*0.74219 0 0 0 0.74219*0.74219 0 0 0 1.5*1.5.
>>
>> But, I would like to guess the "TransformMatrix" of the header file is
>> TransformMatrix = 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1. And after multiplied by spacing, the
>> actual transform matrix is 0.74219 0 0 0 0.74219 0 0 0 1.5.
>>
>> Is that correct? Or what's the best way to load these data? Thanks.
>>
>> --

>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Sergio Vera

 Alma IT Systems