[Insight-users] Extract non consecutive slices from a volume

Jaime Tarjuelo jtarjuelo at gbt.tfo.upm.es
Wed May 30 13:26:53 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am working with a volume (.mhd image) of 38 slices and 1x1x3 voxel size. I want to convert it to a volume of 19 slices and 1x1x6 voxel size. I am trying to extract non consecutive slices (1,3,5,7,...) and construct the desired volume. I have tried to use ExtractImageFilter but I have not been able to select non consecutive slices. I can extract a 3D region setting the region, the start slice and the size, but of consecutive slices.

I also have thought about performing a resample on the image, but in my opinion it would suposse a higher information loss than selecting non consecutive slices. Maybe I am wrong at this point.

So question are, is it possible to extract non consecutive slices in order to build another image? And may the voxel size of this new image change?

Thank you very much for your help.

Jaime Tarjuelo.