[Insight-users] Extract non consecutive slices from a volume

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Wed May 30 15:33:10 EDT 2012

Dear Jaime,
for sure it is possible.

A solution may be downsampling the image by a factor of two in the Z axis.
Chapter 8.12 in the ITK software guide has some information about it.

Another one may be iterating over the whole volume by means of the image
iterators provided by ITK and then keep the desired slice only, building up
a volume with half the number of slices the original volume had.

The voxel size may be changed by a resampling operation over an image. The
ResampleImageFilter does this (downsampling, upsampling or resizing):

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/ResampleImageFilter

I guess any of the two should do the trick.

Regards,
JON HAITZ