[Insight-users] documentation...

Luke Hetrick lhetrick at nnu.edu
Wed May 30 19:27:36 EDT 2012

Hello,

   I am a new user to ITK and am running through some of the webinars and
examples to get accustomed to how to properly use and work with ITK but I
am running into a small hang up. Many of the examples have me pass in
arguments into the filters that are relevant to the output of the filters
but yet I can find no where that explains what these arguments do or what
they are. For Example, in one of the practice examples I am working with
the Sgmoid Image Filter. Once I fix the code in the *.cxx file, I compile
it, and then execute it and this particular filter asks for the arguments
inputImageFile, outputFileImage, alpha, and beta. I know what the first two
arguments are but I would like to understand specifically what the alpha
and beta parameters are doing. I have been searching on the Doxygen wiki
and can only find these arguments in the itkSgmoidImageFIlter.h file but no
other information. Anyone know where I can educate myself with these filter
arguments (not just the alpha and beta specifically)? Thanks for reading
this and trying to help me out.

Luke H