No subject

Wed May 9 12:08:04 EDT 2012

to the ImageFileWriter and it writes it to the disk.
The image could be the mask, could be the
original image, could be an image with two channels
with the first channel being the original image, and
the second channel being the mask.

Cheers,
Cagatay

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:42 AM, criskross <christianherz1985 at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what I even didn't understand is how to save for example a transformation
> or
> windowing as a file which describes even the process to get the resulting
> image. Do you unterstand what I would like to get?
>
> Example: I am a physician and I would like to mark a tumor within image
> data
> of a brain.  I don't want to change the original image data but I would
> like
> to save a description of how to segment the image for displaying the tumor.
>
> I even did not find any information about this topic within the itk guide.
>
> Could someone please help me?`
>
> I would be deeply grateful.
>
> Christian
>

> cagatay bilgin-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Criskross,
> >

> > You can save your image as a tiff file.
> >
> > mhd files are not special files to save
> >
> > segmentation. In fact they are just binary
> >
> > images. Here is an example on how you
> >
> > can save your segmentated image as tiff.
> >

> >   typedef  itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType  > WriterType;
> >   WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
> >   writer->SetFileName("out.tif");
> >   writer->SetInput(segmentedImage);
> >   writer->Update();
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Cagatay
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM, criskross
> > <christianherz1985 at googlemail.com>wrote:
> >

> >> Ok now I have an overview of chapter 9 but I can't find any explanation
> >> how
> >> to save segmentation data as a metafile or somesthing else. Is there any
> >> documentation which describes all fileformats?
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> _____________________________________
> >> Powered by www.kitware.com

> >> Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:
> >> http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.php
> >>
> >> Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:
> >> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

> > Powered by www.kitware.com

> > http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.php

> > http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

> --

--047d7b2ee3fdf0e5bb04c73e03e9

If I am understanding your question correctly,=A0<div>you want to create a =
mask for your manual=A0</div><div>segmentation, overlayed on the=A0original=
 image,=A0</div><div>and save this mask separately=A0without changing=A0</d=
iv><div>the original image. This is=A0more of a user interface=A0</div>
a href=3D"http://www.itksnap.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php">http://www.itksnap.org/=
ge=A0</div>
image could be the mask, could be the=A0</div><div>original image, could be=
 an image with two channels=A0</div><div>with the first channel being the o=
riginal image, and=A0</div>
13, 2012 at 4:42 AM, criskross <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:chri=
stianherz1985 at googlemail.com" target=3D"_blank">christianherz1985 at googlemai=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
Hi,<br>
what I even didn&#39;t understand is how to save for example a transformati=
on or<br>
windowing as a file which describes even the process to get the resulting<b=
r>
image. Do you unterstand what I would like to get?<br>
Example: I am a physician and I would like to mark a tumor within image dat=
a<br>
of a brain. =A0I don&#39;t want to change the original image data but I wou=
ld like<br>
to save a description of how to segment the image for displaying the tumor.=
I even did not find any information about this topic within the itk guide.<=
br>
Could someone please help me?`<br>
I would be deeply grateful.<br>
Christian<br>
cagatay bilgin-2 wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi Criskross,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; You can save your image as a tiff file.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; mhd files are not special files to save<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; segmentation. In fact they are just binary<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; images. Here is an example on how you<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; can save your segmentated image as tiff.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 typedef =A0itk::ImageFileWriter&lt; ImageType =A0&gt; WriterType;<=
br>
&gt; =A0 WriterType::Pointer writer =3D WriterType::New();<br>
&gt; =A0 writer-&gt;SetFileName(&quot;out.tif&quot;);<br>
&gt; =A0 writer-&gt;SetInput(segmentedImage);<br>
&gt; =A0 writer-&gt;Update();<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; Cagatay<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM, criskross<br>
&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:christianherz1985 at googlemail.com">christianherz1=
985 at googlemail.com</a>&gt;wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Ok now I have an overview of chapter 9 but I can&#39;t find any ex=
planation<br>
&gt;&gt; how<br>
&gt;&gt; to save segmentation data as a metafile or somesthing else. Is the=
re any<br>
&gt;&gt; documentation which describes all fileformats?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; --<br>
&gt;&gt; View this message in context:<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://old.nabble.com/Segmentation-data-tp34261943p3426=
5128.html" target=3D"_blank">http://old.nabble.com/Segmentation-data-tp3426=
1943p34265128.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Sent from the ITK - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; _____________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt; Powered by <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com" target=3D"_blank">ww=
w.kitware.com</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:<b=
r>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.php" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.php</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ" target=3D"_blank">http=
://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/mailman/listinfo/insight-users" targ=
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
[...]
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.itk.org/mailman/listinfo/insight-users" target=
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
--<br>
-data-tp34261943p34290219.html" target=3D"_blank">http://old.nabble.com/Seg=
mentation-data-tp34261943p34290219.html</a><br>
Sent from the ITK - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.<br>