[Insight-users] removing rectangle from microgriding images

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:17:50 EST 2012

These will both modify other parts of the image as well, which you may
not want. In the past I have use the following approach which is easy
if the lines have a constant brightness or colour setting making it
trivial to define a mask containing just the features you want to
remove.

The simple option then is to apply a median filter to the original
image and replace the mask voxels with the values output by the median
filter - all of which can be done with masking and arithmetic
operations. Alternatively you could use a mask filling by
interpolation approach (Poisson editing), which is more sophisticated.
Dave Doria published some ITK/VTK methods for this, and Matlab has a
function that does it.