[Insight-users] L-BFGS behaves differently in release with debug and release without debug

Sureerat Reaungamornrat sureerat.r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:17:30 EDT 2012

Dear All,

   We have a question regarding 'v3p_netlib_lbfgs_' function which was
included in ITK version 4.0.0 in the file

path-to-ITK-source\Modules\ThirdParty\VNL\src\vxl\v3p\netlib\opt\lbfgs.h

   We are not sure whether we should put this question to ITK or VXL
mailing-lists.

   Our problem is that we use v3p_netlib_lbfgs_ in our code to optimize the
same function and same data but
we get different results when we ran our code in different modes: Release
 and Debug. We tested our code in Window 7
using 64-bit Visual Studio 2008.

   Would anyone have any suggestions? Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Sureerat