[Insight-users] L-BFGS behaves differently in release with debug and release without debug

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:20:43 EDT 2012

It is difficult to diagnose without seeing your code or a small compilable
example that illustrates the problem.

Usually if a program runs differently in debug and release there are
uninitialized variables. Another possibility is accessing invalid memory or
memory that is corrupted by the program. If you have access to a linux
system, you could try running valgrind to find the source of the error.