[Insight-users] Multimodality Image Fusion.

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:50:00 EDT 2012

Hi Ashwath,

(I have re-added the ITK mailing list to cc as this is good practice.)

I guess it depends on what you mean by "fusion". Can you please
explain exactly what you mean by this term?

The Insight Journal article I pointed you to is 100% ITK. As the
article explains, it implements multi-resolution fusion of multi-modal
images.

Perhaps you interested in overlay fusion methods, such as those in the
VV fusion viewer:
    http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/617

VV fusion viewer is a ITK + VTK + QT application which you may give
some ideas on how to get started building your own app.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Dan