[Insight-users] Multimodality Image Fusion.

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:32:41 EDT 2012

Hi Ashwath,

You should do the following:

Step 1: Download and build ITK
http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html
http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html

Step 2: Read the ITK Software Guide, especially chapter 8
http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Step 3: Build and play with a registration example, for example
ImageRegistration2.cxx
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Examples/Registration/ImageRegistration2.cxx?root=Insight&view=markup

Step 4: Decide how you want to fuse the images
http://www.imagefusion.org/publications/reports/piella-TR-PNA-R0211.pdf
The simplest way to fuse them is arithmetic addition using the itkAddImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AddImageFilter.html

HTH

Cheers, Dan