[Insight-users] DicomImageReadWrite error itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2019

Steve stefan.ott at soft-gate.de
Wed Oct 17 09:12:41 EDT 2012

John Drescher <drescherjm at ...> writes:

> > Now the problem is fixed for DicomImageReadWrite program, but in future, if
> > i run other examples, will it miss linking those files from windows SDK and
> > result error?? as i cant figure out those in details??
> > Is there anyway to include all other *.lib files from Windows SDK in visual
> > studio for all other projects?
> >

> If you configure the examples using CMake and have that generate a
> project file there is no need to specify any libraries in visual
> studio. CMake handles all of that for you.

I had the same problem... I generated ITK 4.2.1 (with and without
examples; VS2008/2010) several times! I was always getting this linker error
until I included these three SDK-libs!
(You can find these libs, when you go to the project settings of the ITK-Test
project -> linker -> input -> "additional dependencies" and scroll down... maybe
this helps for further linker errors...)

Steve