[Insight-users] Does anyone actually use Visual Studio with ITK?

Wed Oct 31 12:55:51 EDT 2012

I've been about out of my mind trying to fix problems with a new feature
I'm preparing for ITK, getting the Windows build to work.  I have a list of
complaints for Visual Studio 2010:

1. Builds take 4 to 5 times as long as OS X builds on comparable hardware.
2. Even when a build is finished, Visual Studio 2010 is very sluggish.  I
end up killing the Visual studio process.
3. At least on Linux/OS X I can understand the Makefiles and look at them
to diagnose problems with build configuration.

If you're using Visual Studio, and have any ideas how it can be actually
practical for building/testing ITK, please tell me how you make it work for
you.  Thanks in advance?