[Insight-users] Does anyone actually use Visual Studio with ITK?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Oct 31 13:35:10 EDT 2012

When I use windows for compiling I usually don't use the GUI until after the project has mostly compiled and I am just iterating on a little bug.

Regarding building against ITK...

On Oct 31, 2012, at 1:10 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... however building
> applications with ITK4 seems to take much longer than ITK 3.20.1 even
> on systems with SSD and ram disks. This may have to do with the
> increased amount of include folders in ITK. I have not solved that.

There are two ways to decrease the include path when using ITK.

1) Install ITK. By installing ITK, it will flatten the directory structure greatly reducing the include path.
2) When using the cmake's find_package list the ITK modules needed as components[1].

[1] https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Utilities/Maintenance/WhatModulesITK.py

Brad