[Insight-users] Does anyone actually use Visual Studio with ITK?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:33:09 EDT 2012

> There are two ways to decrease the include path when using ITK.
>
> 1) Install ITK. By installing ITK, it will flatten the directory structure
> greatly reducing the include path.

I have learned in the past that this option tends to interfere with my
development since I would need to install Release, Debug and
RelWithDebInfo configurations all at the same time. Also 32 bit and 64
bit and in some cases different versions of Visual Studio. Although I
may investigate this again if it saves build time.

> 2) When using the cmake's find_package list the ITK modules needed as
> components[1].
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Utilities/Maintenance/WhatModulesITK.py

Thanks. That can certainly help. On one system I briefly looked into
reducing the # of modules manually.

John