[Insight-users] help for Registration

Massi Massinissa.Bandou at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Sep 13 12:23:45 EDT 2012

Hello!!!

I never done any image registration before, it's my first time. I have read
a little bit about Paul Viola & how he focused on the mutual information
between the source and the target image... pretty complicated.
Actually, I have a contour of an object (.mesh) and PET images (dicom) of
the same object. I want to coregistrate them and I don't know how and where
to start.

My first Idea was to generate a volume from the PET images, extract the
surface and mesh it. after, I hope to find something how to coregistrate a
mesh file with another mesh file!

Please any advice or hint will be welcomed!!!

Thx

Massi