[Insight-users] Fwd: compile errors relate to itk und gdcm

Zein Salah zeinsalah at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:01:04 EDT 2012

Hi,

I asked this question the last week and got not answer, therefor I would
like to ask it once again since I could not discover the problem. I
tried building
and compilation under both windows XP and and 7 and got the same error.

I have now built:

ITK 3.20.1
InsightApplications 3.20
IGSTK 4.4
VTK 5.2.1
Fltk 1.1.7
Qt 4.8.2

Cmake 2.8.9, Visual Studio 2008.

All toolkits and apps built and compiled error-free.

When compiled my own project, I got the error below, repeated for many
many times:

1>D:\ITK\3.20.1\Utilities\gdcm\src\gdcmSerieHelper.h(109) : error
C2872: 'uint16_t' : ambiguous symbol
1>        could be 'd:\itk\3.20.1\utilities\gdcm\src\gdcmCommon.h(65)
: unsigned short uint16_t'
1>        or       'D:\ITK\3.20.1\Code\Common\itkIntTypes.h(152) :
itk::uint16_t'

What does this error mean?

BTW, By building ITK with CMAKe, I had ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM off.

Many thanks,

Zein