[Insight-users] Submit ITK modules to Insight Journal

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Wed Apr 3 12:08:00 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Just want to let you know that our favorite open-source journal the Insight
Journal <http://www.insight-journal.org/>
now supports *ITK module* submissions.

The modular code template can be found at:
http://www.insight-journal.org/help/submission

Here is an example of the ITK module submission:
  http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/869
with the dashboard testing
results<http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?buildid=2837728>shown on
the review page.

Newly submitted  ITK modules will be tested with ITK 4.3.1 for now,  and
hopefully will soon be tested with  latest release version of ITK at the
time of submission.

The main advantages of organizing your code into a ITK module (using the
itk module macros in the CMake code) for IJ submission are:
1) Make it easier to integrate your code into ITK proper later. The modular
structure makes you to think about the module dependencies and
categorization of your code earlier on.
2) Make it easy to share your cool contribution to the community via the ITK
Remote Module distribution
mechanism<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Policy_and_Procedures_for_Adding_Remote_Modules>
:
other ITK users/developers can fetch your code remotely by switching on a
CMake variable at build time.
3) Testing is easy when utilizing the testing infrastructure  (providing
image comparisons) in ITK, just follow the example provided in the modular
template.

Please let me know if you see problems or need help when submitting your
modular ITK code.
Thanks.

--Best
Xiaoxiao
*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124