[Insight-users] MetaIO, large volume (>2GB) and HeaderSize

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Apr 18 10:55:22 EDT 2013

Hi,
I'm using the mhd format to read one slice of a 4GB raw volume. At
some point, I wanted to display the last slice of my volume so I put
"HeaderSize = -1" at the beginning of my mhd file which was pointing
to the raw data. Doing the same with the exact position, i.e.,
"HeaderSize = 4278190080" failed... I found out that m_HeaderSize is
an int in metaImage.cxx so the value is read as negative.
Is this a bug or a known limitation? In the second case, any
alternative suggestion? In the first case, where should I report this
since it's a third party library?
Thanks,
Simon