[Insight-users] Fast way to determine minimum distance between two structures

mnemonix sebas7ian.windisch at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:35:16 EDT 2013

Hey!

As the subject already says: Is there a fast way (existent ITK class) to
determine the minimum distance between two segmented structures/organs
(labeled) in ITK (only based on voxels)? Maybe with a space partitioning
method?

Example: I have two segmented spheres A and B (can also be irregular and
complex structures) in voxel space and now I want to determine the minimum
distance between them efficiently and the involved voxels which span this
distance.

Thanks in advance! :) If you need more information please inform me.