[Insight-users] Why are getBufferAs* methods not available in Java?

zkhan zamir.khan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:44:30 EDT 2013

Sorry to revive an old-ish thread, but I read here that the GetBufferAs*
methods are implemented for C#. However, I just pulled and built SimpleITK
0.7.32799.0 and I cannot find any methods to retrieve a buffer from the
image. As has been mentioned, this would provide a significant performance
improvement over having to access the image pixel-by-pixel when needing to
transfer the image data outside of the Image object.

Have these methods been removed, or not yet implemented?