[Insight-users] apply itk::RecursiveGaussianImageFilter on a region defined by a mask

zilu zilu at libero.it
Sat Aug 10 08:00:53 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the itk::RecursiveGaussianImageFilter. Now I'm
using this filter to smooth a 3D displacement field for a registration task.
I noticed that there are ways to restrict the application of the filter to a
Region Of Interest, but as far as understood this ROI can only be cubic.
My question is: is it possible to apply this filter to a displacement field
taking into consideration only an ROI defined by a pre-loaded (segmentation)
mask? And if yes, how can you deal with the boundary conditions?
Thanks a lot,

David