No subject

Tue Aug 6 13:31:21 EDT 2013

outside points i.e. points which the front can not expand to. This is
equivalent to points with speed =3D 0.0 (so IMHO this method is bloat
and not really required).

> On 20/08/13 13:57, Dan Mueller wrote:
>>
>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> Concerning your question specifying Fast Marching starting points from
>> a binary image, you may find some inspiration from the following file:
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/manageditk/source/browse/trunk/Source/Modules/=
LevelSetFilters/itkFastMarchingImageFilter.txx?r=3D2
>> (see SetTrialPointsFromImage method).
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> Regards, Dan
>>
>> On 19 August 2013 19:58, Dr. Roman Grothausmann
>> <grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Dan,
>>>

>>> Thank You very much for Your answer. It's Your publication I got the id=
ea
>>> from (as You had suggested before, I had already used it trying to
>>> compute
>>> center-lines in tomograms), however, if I understand it correctly, it
>>> seems
>>> that SpeedFunctionToPathFilter expects start points to be set. How can =
>>> specify start points via a binary image? Would I have to iterate over t=
he
>>> image and for each fg value add its coordinates as start point?
>>> As currently I'm not interested in "center lines" but in a kind of
>>> distance
>>> map would itkFastMarchingImageFilter be the right choice?
>>>
>>> Below is my current code which compiles fine but does not yield the
>>> desired
>>> output (only a binary image in float format).
>>> My guess is that SetBinaryMask is not meant for setting the start front=
,
>>> however I could not find what it is actually meant for in the docs.
>>> I only found one example where SetBinaryMask is used but it also sets
>>> AlivePoints TrialPoints:
>>>
>>> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=3Dcache:seDik6jwW0MJ:htt=
ps://itk.icts.uiowa.edu/fisheye/browse/~raw,r%3D8cefdc7bbda0183442666f23686=
6ba25bcda853f/ITK/Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkFastMarchingTest2.cxx+itk+Fast=
MarchingImageFilter+%22SetBinaryMask%22&cd=3D7&hl=3Dde&ct=3Dclnk&gl=3Dde