[Insight-users] Tustison's Graph cut ITK implementation

Elena Ranguelova elboyran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:32:55 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm new to ITK and graph cuts, but currently very interested in both.
Hence, I came across to Nick Tustison's graph cuts extension of ITK and I
found he is an active member of this mailing list.

http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/306

The paper presented  claims that there are 2 codes  for testing:
itkGraphTest.cxx
itkBoykovAlphaExpansionFilterTest.cxx
and 1 example:
BoykovGraphCutFilter,

but in reality the example doesn't exist, nor the AlphaExpansion test under
that name. There is a testing source called
itkBoykovGraphCutFilterTest.cxx, but in fact it illustrates the Alpha
Expansion filter, not the BoykovGraphCut filter.

I would really like to have an example of how to use the provided code for
performing only Boykov Minimum graph cut filtering on an input image/volume
+ likelihood images, as shown on figure 7 of the paper. Also how the main
steps are performed?:
1. input image to  graph conversion
2. the setup of the likelihood images as filter input
3. the actual minimal cut
4. obtaining image (segmentation) from the cut graph

Does anyone have such a code/example? Would the author (Tustison) be
willing to provide such an example usage? (This remark is already mentioned
in the first review by David Doria).

Kind regards,
Elena