[Insight-users] Level sets Chan-Vese

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Feb 15 09:25:59 EST 2013

Hello Uday,

I Arnaud Gelas has contributed a lot of the work on Chan-Vese level-set. I was hoping he would have chimed in by now.

I have not heavily used either of these level-set so I'll do my best. The ITKv4 level-set framework is very flexible with the abilities to create new terms, try different level-set representations, and provide a unified framework for dealing with multiple phases. This has some performance compromises for large single level-sets but it's my understanding it works quite well for a large number of smaller level-sets in a large volume. There is also some nice visualization tools that are in the ITKv4 repo too.

I have used the review filters my self with some success. And it's my personal preference for the type of data I have used. However, when I tries to wrap it for SimpleITK I generated some seg-faults with the parameters I was providing.

I'd recommend trying both and letting us know how they work out for you.

Brad