[Insight-users] Question about using OpenCL shared buffer for more than one kernel

Joachim Weber joachim.weber at stud.hs-regensburg.de
Tue Feb 19 18:02:00 EST 2013

Hi,
i want to write a Gaussian Filter with ITK-GPU. I have a 3D image, which has to be filtered in all 3 directions(first Z, then X and then Y).
Because ITK encapsulates the whole OpenCL functionality inside its on methods and classes, I find it very hard to define memory objects for multiple kernels.
It don't want to copy the image between Host and Device the whole time, which would result in a heavy performance drawback.
Is there a simple way to define OpenCL memory objects, which can be used by multiple kernels?
I am not to much into ITK GPU, but it looks like, defining memory buffers for multiple kernels(which stay on Device) is not possible right now.
Or do all kernels run in the same context?

Many thanks in advance,
Weber Joachim