[Insight-users] Scaling problem during affine registration and ScalesType order

Guilhem Chéron ptitguigui at aliceadsl.fr
Tue Jan 15 18:12:26 EST 2013

Hi,

I try to register two brains.
I’ve tried the rigid methode and that works but I want better results.
So I've tried the affine one...

I’ve a scaling problem : at the beginning the size of the two brains are quiet equal but, for example, at the iteration number 10 the size of the moving brain is little compered to the fixed one !

I think the problem could be here in my code :

double translationScale = 1.0 / 1000.0;
typedef OptimizerType::ScalesType       OptimizerScalesType;
OptimizerScalesType optimizerScales( transform->GetNumberOfParameters() );

optimizerScales[0] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[1] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[2] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[3] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[4] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[5] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[6] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[7] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[8] =  1.0;
optimizerScales[9]  =  translationScale;
optimizerScales[10] =  translationScale;
optimizerScales[11] =  translationScale;

optimizer->SetScales( optimizerScales );

I take it from ImageRegistration20.
Do someone know the ScalesType order ? Translation then rotation the scaling ? I didn’t find it...
Do someone know why the size of the moving image decrease ? :(

Regards,

Guibs