[Insight-users] Template matching

Boris KABAR boriskabar at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 18 08:57:27 EST 2013

Hi,

I need to experiment template matching to detect cylinders in a 2D image
with ITK registration framework.

My 2D image consists in a satellite image and the image acquisition can be
modeled as an affine transformation (I have the satellite/ground distance,
azimuthal and zenithal angles acquisition).

Actually I first detect circles in the input 2D image. Each circle
corresponds either to the top of a cylinder or to a false detection.

I would like to use these circles as initial locations to match cylinders
(i.e. models) with the 2D image.

Thanks to the circles, I have an estimate of the diameters of the cylinders
however the height of the models can vary (I can apply a min/max constraint
on height).

Template matching will be used to detect cylinders (with higher matching
score) and reject erroneous circles detection (with poorer matching score).

I found some ITK “model to image registration” examples but I know how to
handle the height variation of the models.

Any lights will be welcome.

Regards,

Boris KABAR

PhD. student

Lab: ISR/LGEI, Ecole des Mines d’Alès

Team: Industrial and Natural Risks

Adress: 6, Avenue de Clavières - 30319 Alès - France

Phone: +33 (0) 4 66 78 27 54

Fax: +33 (0) 4 66 78 27 01

@:  <mailto:boris.kabar at mines-ales.fr> boris.kabar at mines-ales.fr