[Insight-users] from 2D ROI to 3D ROI: the best strategy

Roberto Gatta roberto.gatta.bs at alice.it
Thu Jan 24 16:17:38 EST 2013

Hello,
   I have a 3D polygonal region of interest (ROI) defined by a list of
points. I'd like to build a new image with white pixels inside the region
and black the ones outside. I've read the interesting post:

http://itk-users.7.n7.nabble.com/Creating-a-2D-binary-image-from-a-polygon-td20877.html

but it refers to a 2D space. In the case of 3D have I to cut the plane and
work with the union of different slices or there's a better approach able to
consider directly the 3D ROI?

thanks in advance,
Roberto