[Insight-users] Block-based Image Registration and Interpolation From pointsets

denru denru at mail2000.com.tw
Tue Mar 12 06:19:20 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I would like to perform a block-based image registration because the objects
in the two images are not moving at the same direction. Therefore, I would
like to separate the images into several blocks, and perform registration
one by one. However, after registering all blocks, I would like to resample
it on on-grid positions to get a registered image. Are there any built in
functions can achieving this?

Another question is similar to the previous one. I want to use the image
interpolators in ITK to resample an irregular point set to give a
interpolated, on-grid image. For example, point 1 is at (1.3, 2.6) with the
value of 128, and point 2 is at (33.4, 18.9) with the value of 62... I found
"BSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter" may achieve this. However, I
hope I can try other interpolators (ex. linear, nearest neighbor...) to
choose a best one. How can I achieve this?

Thank you very much!