[Insight-users] JOB OFFER: radART is hiring SOFTWARE ENGINEERS

Philipp Steininger phil.steininger at gmail.com
Fri May 3 16:38:20 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

the Institute for Research and Development on Advanced Radiation
Technologies (radART) of the Paracelsus Medical University (PMU) in
Salzburg, AUSTRIA is looking for

SOFTWARE ENGINEERS.

What our institution does:

We are a university institution committed to translational research and
development of enabling software and hardware applications in the field of
radiation therapy. We are developing our own, independent radiation therapy
software platform "open-radART" including record-and-verify, imaging and
robotics-based patient positioning solutions. Besides dealing with
cutting-edge challenges in the field of conventional (electron / photon)
radiotherapy, we heavily contribute to software solutions in particle
therapy with carbon ions and protons. The radART institute is embedded in
the university clinic for radiotherapy and radio-oncology Salzburg, and
works closely together with industry companies to enable prompt translation
of developments into the clinical theater.

What we will offer to you:

- opportunity to work with a young and highly motivated team of developers
in the field of next generation radiotherapy software solutions
- varying research and development field ranging from image processing over
robotic patient positioning and imaging to accelerator control
- opportunity to collect a considerable amount of experience in developing
translational medical software for use in clinical environment
- full-time position (40 hours / week, 5 weeks holiday per year)
- option for a PhD program at our university in parallel and highly
integrated with your job

What we expect from you:

- being a flexible allrounder in software development
- strong programming skills in C++
- deep understanding of CMake, Qt, ITK, VTK
- ability to derive algorithms / computer applications starting from "real
world problem" stage
- innovative thinking and rapid prototyping abilities
- understanding of basic image processing concepts and algorithms
- strong team player capabilities

What makes you even more irreplaceable for us:

- more-years experience in research and/or industry in radiotherapy /
medical imaging / computer science / medical physics / physics context
- proven list of reference (open-source) software projects to which you
contributed substantially
- knowledge of and experience with further standard image processing
toolkits (plastimatch, RTK, openCV ...)
- strong programming skills in further standard languages (Java, PHP ...)
- founded GPU programming skills (e.g. CUDA or openCL)
- understanding of electronics and microprocessors
- skills in German language

If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please, do not
hesitate to contact us:

jobs at open-radART.org

Looking forward to hearing from you,

the radART team