[Insight-users] Job: CellScope is looking for a medical image processing expert

Erik Douglas erik at cellscope.com
Sat May 4 15:45:47 EDT 2013

WANTED: Talented Image Processing & Pattern Recognition expert to change healthcare!  http://cellscope.theresumator.com/

CellScope is an early-stage startup building systems for mobile diagnosis and monitoring. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, and are alumni of Rock Health. Our founders are medical device and healthcare veterans building optical attachments and mobile and web software to enable doctor-patient interactions. We're hunting for an Image Processing & Pattern Recognition expert to help make it happen.

The Challenge:

Our first product is a smartphone otoscope for doctors to use to diagnose ear infections. We’re building the world’s largest database of ear images and developing machine learning algorithms to provide clinical decision support software to doctors. Nothing quite like this has been done before, so the challenges are many:

	• Build robust and accurate algorithms to aid in the diagnosis of ear infections.
	• Invent brand new tools that doctors and patients have never seen.
	• Coordinate the web experience with mobile hardware and software.

Why you'll want to work with us:

	• Chase inefficiencies out of the healthcare system.
	• Work at an exciting mobile health startup in San Francisco.
	• Maintain a work-life balance and have fun.
	• Generous comp, benefits, and vacation.

Requirements:

	• Be a highly experienced pattern recognition & image processing expert.
	• Strong scientific/analytical background.
	• Strong programmer with C/C++ experience.
	• Live in or move to the Bay Area.

Nice to have:

	• Experience in hardware design
	• Previous healthcare or quantified-self startup experience

Interested? Check out http://cellscope.theresumator.com/ for this and other positions (We strongly prefer direct submissions from candidates.)