[Insight-users] Fwd: ITK4 Migration of itkHypersphereKernelMeanShiftModeSeeker and itkSampleMeanShiftClusteringFilter

Peter Neher p.neher at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed May 15 07:37:36 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

we recently switched from ITK 3.2 to 4.3 and have now trouble to make
old code compile.

The old code makes use of:

itkHypersphereKernelMeanShiftModeSeeker

itkSampleMeanShiftClusteringFilter

which are both not present in ITK 4.3 anymore. Unfortunately, the code
is old and I don't really know what these two classes did. I found this
page (http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/ITK/Release_4/Removed_or_renamed_classes
) mentioning that you should check the statistics migration guide
(http://itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Refactoring_Statistics_Framework_2007_Migration_Users_Guide
), however there they are not mentioned at all.

Can anyone give me more information about these classes? Are there any
replacements? Was it just a renaming? Are they totally removed? Any hint
is appreciated.

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Kilgus

German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)

Div. Medical and Biological Informatics

Junior group: Computer-assisted Interventions (E131)

Im Neuenheimer Feld 280

69120 Heidelberg, Germany

Phone: +49(0) 6221-42-3545