[Insight-users] Mean Square Image to Image Metric equal to 0 between Black and White images

Luibi Bakker ivbakker at yahoo.fr
Mon May 27 03:31:01 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I was testing this example http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Metrics/MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric
I changed it to keep only the null transform (the first one). When I calculate the MSE between one black image and one white image (png type) I got the value 0!!

I was thinking to get the maximum Mean Square Value for this size of image possible. So, is it normal?

I need to understand how this element works in order to re-code it in another program which can't use ITK.

Thank you for your help