[Insight-users] Reading multi-frame 2D+time DICOM files

marianabb marianabb at gmail.com
Fri May 31 10:10:55 EDT 2013

I've continued trying to solve this. So far this is what I've found:

1. I've tried to modify the file directly with the functions on
itk::GDCMImageIO with the following code:

This fails in the same way as before while trying to update the reader.
However, when checking the code for itk::GDCMImageIO I found that the
function 'WriteImageInformation()' exists but it's not implemented, so no
surprise there's no change. Is there another way to do this with ITK
libraries?

2. I found a (little old) script on the mailing archives:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/attachments/20081205/0b236297/attachment.asc
<http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/attachments/20081205/0b236297/attachment.asc>

I think the conclusion from the post is that they found no solution, but I
guess they could still read the files. This doesn't work for my 2D+time
files either.

Any ideas from the gurus out there?

I guess my next goal is to try and modify the spacing in the Z direction
using GDCM, but from what I've read, this value is not directly found on the
DICOM tags but calculated from the information on the image. Can someone
point me to how to correctly calculate this value? Or which DICOM tags
should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

--
Mariana