[Insight-users] [ITK] Software Guide generation process problems

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Wed Oct 2 08:21:30 EDT 2013

Hi Matt,
thanks for the patch.

The mentioned problem seems to be solved. However, the build keeps failing
now due to:

Some images not being produced by two of the examples:

*Error    94    error : XXXXXXXXXXXX MISSING
C:\SDKs\ITK\itkSoftwareGuideBin\ITKSoftwareGuide-build\SoftwareGuide\Art\Generated\BinaryThresholdImageFilterOutput.png

Error    98    error : XXXXXXXXXXXX MISSING
C:\SDKs\ITK\itkSoftwareGuideBin\ITKSoftwareGuide-build\SoftwareGuide\Art\Generated\ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilterVentricle.png
*

Although I bet the SW guide would be produced anyway lacking those images.

Besides, some of the filters yield error data (Max. RMS error, for example)
among their output, such as the GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter. The funny
thing is that VS 2010 marks them as compilation errors :-S

There is another disturbing error that says
*>6>CUSTOMBUILD : ! Package minted error : You must have `pygmentize'
installed to use this package.
*
I haven't noticed it was among the requirements.

And finally another two errors:
*Generating 00-SoftwareGuide.bbl
8>
8>C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error
MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.*

*Generating Examples/TreeContainer.tex
8>
8>  4>    File
"C:/SDKs/ITK/ITKSoftwareGuide/SoftwareGuide/ParseCxxExamples.py", line 138
8>
8>  4>      print sys.argv
8>
8>  4>              ^
8>
8>  4>  SyntaxError: invalid syntax
8>
8>C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error
MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.
*

The first one has to do with the BibTeX and the second one with a
potentially wrong command in the python script.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
JON HAITZ

P.S.: I meant to configure the project to send the results to the dashboard
but I did not succeed; I'll post on this.