[Insight-users] Create java VM failure SimpleITK, Python, Windows

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Sep 17 18:34:12 EDT 2013

Hi jmerkow,

Is ImageJ or Fiji installed and working?  This is the default image
viewer that SimpleITK calls out to.

Otherwise, a different viewer can be set up with the SITK_SHOW_COMMAND
as described here[1].  Some other ITK-based medical image viewers are
listed here [2].

Some examples for viewing images natively in IPython Notebooks with
matplotlib can be found here [3].

HTH,
Matt

[1] http://www.itk.org/gitweb?p=SimpleITK.git;a=blob;f=Code/IO/include/sitkShow.h;h=84a75a675a18a1f428054502a8e9a3d2273b02b9;hb=HEAD