[ITK-users] region growing segmentation -- isolatedConnectedImageFilter

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Apr 18 21:24:24 EDT 2014

Hello,

Why do you think it's just a black image?

In SimpleITK by default many of the results of the region growing segmentation filters are binary images of 0's and 1's. If you look at this output in a regular image viewer it'll look just black. To get around this you could just multiply the output by 255, or use LabeToRGBImageFilter to convert to a color map.

The IsolatedConnectedImageFilter is a bit tricky to figure out what it's doing. I'd recommend exploring some of the interesting option in a batch mode, looking at a variety of outputs.

Brad