[ITK-users] Exponential Displacement Field Image Filter

Pedro Morais pedromorais-17 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 07:05:20 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm combining two affine transformations computing a velocity field sum.
Then, I'm using the ExponentialDisplacementFieldImageFilter to compute a
diffeomorphic displacement field. Since this method is diffeomorphic, the
inverse transformation should be always available. So I'm computing the
displacement field and it's inverse (I use the
ExponentialDisplacementFieldImageFilter with ComputeInverse). The problem
is, when I use this strategy with two rotations (two concentric circles) in
opposite directions, applying  the inverse displacement field is not giving
the initial position(so, the diffeomorphic transformation is not verified).
Do you have any information about some problem in this class?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Pedro Morais